Poster Creation

Thursday 20th September 2018:


Today in Tony's lesson, we were given a task to create a poster of our choosing to test our research/editing skills. I decided to make a poster on the Broadway show "Hamilton" as it's something I have a lot of interest in and I think making a poster for it could be interesting.


Image result for hamilton official poster
This is the official poster for "Hamilton", it shows the iconic star with Hamilton on top as a silhouette and a gold-ish painted background. Although it's simple, I like the colours used and how it transitions into becoming nearly black. This could indicate how the show starts quite lighthearted and fun, and turns depressing and sad towards the second act of the show. The way that Hamilton is standing also shows he's strong and confident, which is clearly shown throughout the songs and helps the audience to see what kind of person he was/is in the show. The bold lettering clearly stands out and although is simple, I like how all the colours are fairly basic as it doesn't draw attention away from any aspect of it. 

For my poster, I want to still include the black star, but use it as part of the background so it's a bit more out the way. I've taken inspiration from the poster by using the black star but I do of course want to make something new and different from the original. I am also going to put a picture of Lin-Manuel Miranda (writer of the musical and character of Hamilton) on the cover to still show Hamilton, but instead of just a silhouette I want to show him as he is to make it seem more personal to the audience and let them see what the main character looks like completely. 



This is the final poster design that I created.

Comments